Experience Report | Talent Enablement Guide for an Agile Organization in FinTech
This experience report shares the story of a group of dedicated People Developers at an international FinTech company and how they took their Talent Management approach to the next level through a contemporary Talent Enablement Guide (TEG).
This experience report is set at a FinTech company with a successful SAFe© transformation across Product Development. From the start, the company focused on people and established the crucial role of People Developers – a leadership role responsible for all people-related topics. There are 26 People Developers across 9 ARTs and five countries.
The dedicated team of People Developers did their best to approach HR topics in an agile way. Still, there was no clear playbook and limited alignment, leading to inconsistencies across the whole people value chain from recruiting and compensation to performance ratings and promotions.
To prevent demotivation, low performance, and high attrition, the company launched an initiative to create a simple, clear, and aligned ‘Talent Enablement Guide’ to accelerate people development and performance in a personalized yet targeted way.
It took an interdisciplinary team of People Developers and HR professionals nine months from working hypothesis to the soft launch of a new, contemporary approach to Talent Management.
TEG helped Product Development to:
- Redefine the terms ‘Performance’ and ‘Talent’ in line with agile
- Define talent clusters and personas
- Increase the strength and quality of the talent pipeline
- Gain an overview of the strength and weaknesses of the current talent pipeline
- Maximize the value of available (and future) people/HR tools and techniques
- Create transparency, alignment, and dialogue across all levels and units
- Improve employee satisfaction and appreciation, enrich learning and growth opportunities, ensure more robust talent scouting, and more talent mobility
- Engage in the relentless development of people in a way that they constantly deliver significant value
In its second year, Talent Enablement is going strong. The People Developers continue to use, improve, and extend the TEG.
If you are interested in learning more about the Talent Enablement Guide, download and read the full whitepaper!
Get Access to the free Whitepaper
Submit the form below or send an email to nyc @ justleadingsolutions. com and you will get a link and a password to download the Whitepaper