Fabiola Eyholzer on Changing Thinking in HR
Shane Hastie, Lead Editor for Culture & Methods, spoke to Fabiola Eyholze at the Agile People conference in Stockholm, Sweden, about the need to radically change HR thinking and practices in organisations to enable creativity and productivity.
- The need to create great places of work where people enjoy going to work
- It’s about having meaningful work; understanding why we do things and our contribution is to make a positive impact on other peoples’ lives
- We want people to think outside the box and be creative at work and that means we need to create workplaces that support them to do so
- We thrive when we bring diversity into teams – different personalities and approaches result in better outcomes
- Most HR people do genuinely care about other people, about engagement and about creating healthy workspaces; yet HR is often so process-driven that they forget about the important people factors
Interview by Shane Hastie at Agile People 2018 in Stockholm, Sweden.
(Editor: Shane Hastie | InfoQ | May-06-2019)
The article and podcast were published by InfQ. Click here for the original broadcast.